02 October 2009

Am I Still Nomadic?

A nomad is usually someone who has no permanent abode but moves around from place to place, usually seasonally, but it can also refer to any wanderer or itinerant. When I started this blog back in March 2008 that tag fitted me perfectly – I had lived in the UK, I was in Peru at the time and was planning at seeing a few other places too. But does this tag “(global) nomad” still fit?

The “(global)” part might be all that accurate, after all I’ve been in Cape Town since December and it seems I’m going to be here for the next while. But I still feel somewhat nomadic. I don’t have a permanent place to stay in Cape Town, I’ve had a number of different jobs (some of them seasonal) and I have every intention of exploring some new horizons when the opportunities present themselves.

The lessons continue though. I’m seeing Cape Town and the rest of South Africa in a new light – I think I’ve said that in a previous post. And, I’m continually finding myself in areas of work doing things I’ve not done before… Hardly ever a dull moment…

No comments: