18 August 2008

Kind of ironic... don't you think?

“I am not advocating cutting of relations with Russia… I am advocating for actions that will make it very clear to the Russians that there are long term consequences for violation of the norms of international behaviour” (Jon McCain on the current situation between Russia and Georgia…)

“…bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century.” (George W Bush commenting on Russia and Georgia…)

Occasionally I watched podcasts from various news agencies around the world in order to stay up to date with things happening in politics and other areas of this global village we call earth. While watching some newscasts recently I heard these words from 2 USA politicians. Considering the state of international relations at the moment, not to mention the various conflicts currently underway, I found these comments deeply ironic. Enough said (for now).

No comments: