19 August 2008

Don't panic!!

So I came across something a bit more positive regarding South Africa in the past day or so. Apparently an internal email sent by a Managing Director to the staff members at his company earlier this year has been turned into a book. The aim of the book it seems is to encourage South Africans about their country and get them to focus on what is good and not just the bad news that sells newspapers.


I just read the contents of the email (use the address at the bottom of this entry to read it) and while the message is really simple it is also true. I guess some people might then say “well, why are you wondering around the world instead of helping to rebuild South Africa?” The truth is that I am where I need to be right now and one day I will return, but it’s encouraging to that the kind of zealous ignorance displayed in the videos I mentioned in my previous entry is not as prevalent as that South African might imply. Anyway, so take a look at what the email and the book etc are all about and make up your own mind about South Africa’s future.

http://www.iburst.co.za/default.aspx?link=new_latest_news&blogs=100

No comments: